Monday 27 September 2010

Week after the Race - Sunday 26th September.

After a very lazy week - somewhere I picked up a stinking cold, and with a Marathon 3 weeks away, I thought it best to rest up and try and shake it off as quickly as possible.

I was easily lured out on the bike though with the thought of Coffee and Cake so did a gentle ride up to Summertrees in Kelsall with my bro in law.

Not only did I forget to take any energy bars with me (no biggie its only 50ish miles), I forgot my water bottles ! Really cant remember doing that in decades of cycling.

Oh and I snapped a spoke on the way back - on flat road.

After the meticulous preparation and no doubt luck of last week - I'm back to being a bumbling idiot. Still, the coffee cake was fantastic.  No photos of it this week - I ate it too quickly.

Will try running this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment